5 STEPS TO SOUNDTRACK DELIVERY
Thank you for your interest in delivering Soundtracks!
Hey there! The 5 Steps to Soundtrack Delivery Guide is focused on making everything easier and save you time.
If you seek to improve your Soundtrack delivery process, you’re in the right place.
Below are 5 simple steps that you need to consider when working on Film Scores or any other Soundtrack. It describes the process from getting the Gig to delivery.
Let’s jump right into it!
Step 1: Getting the Gig! … the first big step to soundtrack delivery
When it comes to getting the Gig, there is no secret recipe. The main Goal is to reach out to as many potential customers as possible. Various tools can help:
- Portfolio Website
- Social Media
- Specialised job advertisement portals
- Reaching out directly
Step 2: Ask all the necessary information!
Make sure you ask all the necessary information before committing to deliver. The requests can vary from getting everything done by the end of tomorrow to larger projects where you need to come up with your own ideas and plans to the table. In addition, here are a few things that should help you get the conversation started:
- What is the product that you are making music for all about?
- Cue Sheet
- Prefered style
- Particular projects that served as inspiration
- The format in which your music needs to be delivered
Step 3: Don’t panic! – It usually happens when you are halfway through those 5 steps
Seriously! Getting your first gig, no matter how large, will be exciting and overwhelming at the same time. Watching a movie with no music for the first time will be really, really awkward. Coming up with something to fit the scenes, even more so. Whatever your concerns may be, overcome them and focus on getting the job done.
Step 4: Work with and for your client!
Working for your client is very different than working on your own music. Even though you are the musician, your ideas need to fit with the project coordinator’s own ideas. Remember that! Make sure you understand what the requirements are. After that, work with your client in achieving his best interest. Be patient, edit and change completely if needed. Communicate openly!
Step 5: Soundtrack delivery on time!
Above all, always deliver on time! Because projects are usually moving forward very fast and have fixed deadlines, it’s your highest priority to respect them and deliver on time! Ideally, deliver before time, so that enough of it is still available for reviews and revisions. Here are a few ways to help you achieve that:
- The Mockup: Always use a Mockup first! In other words, don’t waste time in perfecting the Soundtrack just yet. Changes may be required or even a completely different approach. Do a Mockup first.
- Using templates: Spend less time in setting up your session and use that time to create music instead. You still need to set up your session, but you don’t need to do that every single time.
- Plan ahead: Don’t use instruments unnecessarily. Because, you will only create clutter, waste time and you won’t even like the result.
- Start timely: Sometimes is just as simple as that! If you have 7 days to finish a project and you start on the 5th, the chances are that you will struggle to finish on time. Avoid these situations as much as possible and start working on your ideas early!
In conclusion, I hope this helps you out save some time. Thank you for downloading the 5 Steps to Soundtrack Delivery Guide or reading it through! I hope to hear soon about your music career. May it be long and successful!